Sunday 10 October 2010

My design process

During my A2 Media coursework a task was mandatory to produce a five minute piece of work. As i have a great passion for music I decided to integreat it into my coursework to produce a music video. However, it would have turned out to be disastrous had I not researched the music to create footage to, therefore I decided on a set genre of music; this being 'rock'. Furthermore, I produced a questionnaire which allowed me to gather information from the respondents. In terms of the narrative I thought of a series of written scenarios for the music video and eventually narrowed them down to two. This meant I could use both the scenarios to create and formulate one final scenario. After finalising this, a storyboard was drawn out. This helps me visualise what I need to film and how long roughly for which ulitmately will save valuable filming time.


In developing my original ideas, I find discussing with my teacher and students helps me. For example, gaining feedback from them can help adjust my ideas to achieve the best possible outcome. This was evident in my A2 Photography exam too.

My idea was tested once i had edited all the clips together for my music video. This enabled me to pick and choose certain bits i wanted and certain bits i didnt want. Once everything was edited, watching the video back made it easy for me to spot pros or cons with it.

I usually look back over my work to check everything i have created and my process in which it has been created flows and is to a high standard. If i start a new project, then looking over previous work helps me remind myself of the process and journey i took to create work.


2 comments: